Monday, August 1, 2011

Recommended Read - How to Disappear Completely by David Bowick

Judging by the title, I thought this book would be... well... different. I figured it'd be about how a guy was so embarrassed about being rejected on his proposal that he moved away and changed his identity.

Instead, this book was about a series of lies and the complexity of human relationships. I found myself really enjoying it! This book had plenty of interesting twists and turns, but it sometimes didn't flow very well, causing some confusion as to what was going on. Also, the formatting didn't work on my Nook, which means that words were cut in half or thirds, and sentences mashed together... which also made it difficult to read. However, formatting and flow aside, once I got the hang of reading the story it was a funny read!

I had a couple of favorite quotes in this book:
"Few domesticated animals can instill such fear in someone as a rottweiler can. Why anyone would ever want to house such a monster is a mystery to me. They're not lovable, they're not cute and they're not beautiful. They slobber on everything, shit everywhere, and could easily eat the face off a child."

"Sometimes I wondered what it would be like to not be so thoughtful, to not take on every problem placed in front of me, to not have to answer my own questions like it was a debate."

How to Disappear Completely
is available for FREE on Goodreads. You can learn more about David Bowick by checking out his blog. I gave the book 4 stars on Goodreads (if the formatting was fixed, I'd probably have given it 5!).

No comments:

Post a Comment