Monday, August 8, 2011

Product Review - Eggies

I have a confession to make - I love to watch infomercials! It's kinda weird, but there's something about the things that they do and say that just makes me laugh, and I get a sick enjoyment out of finding the holes in their statements or flaws in their designs.

Every once in a while, though, I end up ordering one of the products... sometimes because I was drunk while watching (Slim in 6 fitness system - but I kept it and it was actually a good buy!), or in this particular case, because I was hungry while watching.

The premise of Eggies is simple - you use the containers to make hard-boiled eggs without having to deal with peeling the shell when you are done. It looked so easy and amazing that I couldn't pass it up!

Now that I've tried them out, here are the pros and cons:

Pro: You don't have to peel the eggs afterward.
Con: Putting together the flimsy, poorly designed plastic product was a pain in the ass and took just as long.

Pro: You can make a hard-boiled egg out of just the egg whites.
Con: Personally, I like the yellow part the best anyway, so this didn't benefit me.

Pro: You can just crack the egg over the opening and let the water do the rest, rather than worrying about the eggs cracking when you place them in the water.
Con: Unless you want to dirty a funnel, it was SOOO messy to crack eggs over the tiny opening they give you without having some of it dribble down the sides!

Pro: The pieces are dishwasher safe.
Con: I don't have a dishwasher, so washing each little piece was very annoying.

Pro: You can order online or over the phone.
Con: Ordering online didn't give me any sort of confirmation on the page, so I wasn't sure it went through. So I called, and they had so many "add-ons" before you could get to a confirmation that I ended up hanging up. Then a few hours later I finally got an email confirmation for both, so then I had to call and cancel one. Their customer service wait is RIDICULOUS and their customer service is overall lacking in quality... just all around bad customer service.

Overall Opinion: It's ok, but nothing that I'm super excited about. The thing I like the most is that I don't have to worry about missing a little piece of eggshell and having a nasty crunch with my hard-boiled egg... but I don't know if it's worth the hassle for me. I'll give this three out of five stars, right in the middle, since I neither hate nor love this product. I could see how some people could really benefit, if they had a dishwasher and wanted just egg-white hard-boiled eggs... but I could also see how people like me who like the yellow parts and hate washing dishes would find it a pain to use.

** Please note: I did this review because I bought and own the product, not because anyone is paying me to review it. The opinion is my own. **

No comments:

Post a Comment