Sunday, August 7, 2011

Recommended Read - The Demon Girl by Penelope Fletcher

The Demon Girl by Penelope Fletcher was a really great read for anyone who loves the paranormal romance genre!!

The story revolves around Rae, an abandoned orphan who discovers she may be more than just another human. This book was riveting, and held my attention the entire way through! There were fairies, vampires, humans, witches, shifters... just about everything you could want in a paranormal realm. True, some of it just felt borrowed from some of the great paranormal writers of this time (like Stephanie Meyer and Charlaine Harris), but honestly I guess I didn't really mind because these characters still had depth.

There were some editing mistakes (typos and some bad grammar) but overall it was good enough that I can't wait to read the second book. If it was edited and the mistakes corrected, this book would easily get five stars from me!! :) Instead, I gave it four stars on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment