Friday, January 27, 2012

Sorta Recommended Read - Wind-Scarred by Sky Corbelli

Wind-ScarredWind-Scarred by Sky Corbelli

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The formatting for the Nook was poorly done, making the story look like it was written in short, choppy sentence fragments. That made annoying to read. There were also some grammatical, spelling, and editing errors that could be fixed.

The storyline kind-of felt like a spin on a classic favorite, "Brave New World", but mixed with the magic of "Harry Potter" and the humor and adult subjects of the show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." So, it was a little unoriginal, but the mix made for an interesting enough read. Thankfully, I happen to love all three of the above, which helped me to enjoy this a bit more, despite the fact the the female characters were all one-dimensional and hypersexualized.

I think this would be a series that would attract the male sci-fi/fantasy crowd.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment