Friday, January 27, 2012

Recommended Read - Penelope by William C. Anderson

PenelopePenelope by William C. Anderson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Since this was originally published as a printed book back in 1963, there were some language and concepts presented that were outdated (and I actually had to look a few words up, which doesn't happen very often for me!). There was also a bit of sexism and racism touched on, but considering the time period it was originally published in, I doubt the author would have written the same things today.

This story reminds me of what would happen if "The Odd Couple" mixed with "Flipper" - two cooky bachelors develop a relationship with a sweet dolphin named Penelope. You almost visualize it in black and white with such stars as Marilyn Monroe and other old-time celebrities.

It's a good overall story, with an old-time Hollywood feel.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment