Thursday, January 5, 2012

Recommended Read - Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and BackHeaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I was initially interested in reading this book after watching a segment on the Today Show about this family - and wasn't disappointed when I finally got around to reading it! First, I love that the family is from here in Nebraska, as that made it a little more easy to relate to for me. But even if you don't live in this area, you are sure to recognize the sense of anguish over personal tragedies, and the sense of wonder that a child can bring to subjects that feel out of our grasp. "Faith like a child" gets a whole new spin in this touching true story, which brings to light something as un-graspable to understand as heaven. This is a moving and simple story with a great message, and well worth the read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment