Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What's Up Wednesday - Happy Leap Day!

It's hard to believe that we get a whole extra day this year, because right now it's feeling like any other ol' day! ;) I had a slow start today and managed to dig up my motivation from where it was buried under my exhaustion and laziness, but since I finally got moving I haven't stopped!

There's been chatter on Facebook about how there are supposed to be special things today, but honestly I don't think I'm the only person out there who feels like this is just another day. At least, not on my lovely blogosphere.

There were the usual wonderfully written book reviews from A Bookish Libreria, Big Al's, Reading for Sanity, Kayla's Reads and Reviews, Tabitha's Book Blog, JeanzBook, and A Pocket Full of Books.

From the TBR Pile took a different angle on reviews, writing about books she just couldn't stand to finish! I've had a few of those too (though I often still give them ratings on Goodreads, usually only 1-2 stars, and mention that I just couldn't finish them). 

A few of my blogger friends shared the books they are waiting on - ReadersCorner, Fall Into Books, My Neurotic Book Affair, and The Fairytale Nerd.

Giveaways were shared by Blog Giveaways (of course), That Artsy Reader Girl, and Live to Read, while Reading by Kindle Fire shared its giveaway winners!

For new perspectives, guest posts were present on Piece from Pieces and My Eclectic Bookshelf.

A Three Way Tie provoked an interesting question - who inspired you to become a reader? To which I would have to respond - a mixture of my mom and LeVar Burton (Take a look, it's in a book, on Reading Rainbowwww...).

A promotional excerpt was shared on Intoxicated by Books, which added yet another book to my "to read" list...

For a good laugh, check out the latest post on What I Learned on Facebook... the top story actually reminded me a bit of a local piece of news about a guy flopping out his "little man" at a local mall.

AJ Arndt Books shared a great video from the Oscars - anything involving books generally grabs my attention! :)

Finally, The Olivia Reader ends my tour today with very few words and a very pretty picture.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my little blog and I am glad you felt it was informative. Please feel free to stop back by any time! (My Eclectic Bookshelf) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess,
    Thanks so much for the mention.
    I have to agree that it feels like any other day. No, I take that back, it's still raining, in FEBRUARY here in Wisconsin...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela -

    I know right? Here in Nebraska it's been raining, and Tuesday we even had a Tornado Watch in my area, and a confirmed tornado elsewhere in Nebraska, the first on record for February!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention! We appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How kind of you to mention The Bookish Libraria in your blog post! I'm a follower of yours, Jess. You really spend time helping others, and that's so commendable. May those thoughtful ways bring good things back to you 10-fold! Deb/TheBookishDame

    ReplyDelete