Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Recommended Read - The Made-Up Man by Karen Heuler

The Made-Up ManThe Made-Up Man by Karen Heuler

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was a thoughtful and interesting book revolving around the idea that the battle of the sexes is a little more complicated than it seems! It follows a woman who gets her wish to become a man so she can enact vengeance on an ex-lover... only to find out that not everything is as wonderful as she thought it would be.



Honestly, I think all women at one point or another have a random thought about how different their life could be if they were a man (in fact, I wrote a poem to that effect back when I was a teenager) - not necessarily as a part of confusion about sexuality, but because regardless of the strides we have made in equal rights it is still a man's world.



I loved how all the choices that were made had consequences or rewards, sometimes in unexpected ways. This was overall a good, solid read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment