Monday, November 14, 2011

Shameless Shit #18: Brag

Amidst the craziness that is running errands on a Monday, I had something magical and wonderful happen today. Something that any woman could appreciate. Something that made me smile and blush and feel all sorts of wonderful, despite the fact that my most recent attempts at dieting have gotten me absolutely nowhere and I've been wallowing in blobtastic self-pity lately.

Today, while at the gas station, the clerk (a young and attractive teen/early 20-something) told me how much she loved my outfit and how she just had to tell me how great I looked!

Of course, I reacted with the usual clumsiness that is my slightly shy manner when it comes to this sort of thing - I smiled and mumbled a thank you and then tried to joke about how pretty much my entire outfit came from the JCPenny's clearance rack... and then she told me that it means my outfit was cute and smart!

I left with a big smile on my face. For someone who has grown up wearing Goodwill clothes (and now basically only clearance clothes), I have never really been known for fashion sense. But today I felt like a million bucks, and I just had to brag about this to all of you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment