Thursday, November 17, 2011

Recommended Read - Into Thin Eyr by Michael Horton

Into Thin EyrInto Thin Eyr by Michael Horton

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This story has a decidedly "Wizard of Oz" feel as the main character moves from land to land, each filled with remarkable people and creatures. It also reminded me of "Alice in Wonderland" as it contained amazing adventures for a young girl to have. It has an interesting story resolution, but it felt a little too abrupt and contrived/forced to me - I would have liked to have it drawn out more and be a little more natural. I would have also liked to learn more about the chameleons that were so prevalent throughout the story - they felt like they weren't developed enough as to the why/how aspect, which was sad since they were some of my favorite characters! This is a good overall read.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica,
    Just wanted to let you and your readers know that the sequel to this book, Eyr Apparent, is now available. Thanks for the honest review! :) (You're welcome to a free copy, just contact me on Goodreads or anywhere)

    ReplyDelete