Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Recommended Read - Conversion by S. C. Stephens

Conversion (Conversion #1)Conversion by S.C. Stephens

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I wished it didn't have a summary at the beginning of the book - I like getting into the story as soon as I can without having to read "extra" stuff in the beginning.
There were a couple of minor grammatical errors - "startled" instead of "started," "teethed" instead of "toothed," but they didn't take away too much from the story (I just happen to notice those things and then have the intense urge to get out a red ink pen and correct them!). The extra space between the paragraphs did bother me, though - it felt like hiccups or pauses that shouldn't be there and that interrupted the story flow.
I really enjoyed the overall romantic story, especially the humor and the interesting characters. I think the best part about the characters in this vampire novel is that they are ADULTS, not lovesick teens who "live happily ever after"!! I'm sure there are plenty of readers out there who can agree with that assessment.
There's a great unpredictable twist closer towards the end, but then the final ending was just a little too predictable and disappointing for me. However, I liked the characters enough that I'm considering reading any sequels, etc.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment