Thursday, September 8, 2011

Recommended Read - Voodoo Dues by Stephany Simmons

Voodoo Dues (Lian and Figg #1)Voodoo Dues by Stephany Simmons

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I was initially very put off by the author filling the first several pages of her book with reviews - personally, I find that very distasteful. I say if you want to include reviews in your eBook, put them at the end so those of us who just want to dive right into the story don't have to skip through several pages of self-promotion please!!



However, I decided to give the book a chance anyway, and was happily impressed by the interesting main characters. We are introduced to a bar owner who doesn't really want to own a bar, and a waitress/bartender who finds herself drawn in to a paranormal world. In fact, the entire setting and full cast of characters showed the writing prowess of the author - it's too bad that she had to go and spoil her work by putting reviews in the first several pages. I feel that the book itself merits five stars, but with reviews cluttering up the first few pages I can only give it four.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment