Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What's Up Wednesday - Timely Topics

I finally am here on a Wednesday to do a quick tour of the blogs I follow - yay! :) Today in the blogosphere I ran into some very timely topics - to read them, simply click the hyperlinks attached to each of the descriptions below.

Nyx Book Reviews did a great post about vlogging, or video blogging. I've personally started trying to figure out ways to incorporate a video element to my blog for people like my husband, who basically never read unless it's something vitally important or incredibly good. ;) So this came at the perfect time for me, and gave me some interesting food for thought (to see my first attempt at adding a video into a blog post, go here). Plus, you should watch it even if you aren't interested in vlogging, because her accent is adorable!

Colorimetry wants to know your thoughts on the "steaminess" of novels, and how you decide when a book has crossed the line between YA and adult. I recently just finished a book that went far, far outside of the "steamy" comfort zone that I have - in other words, I prefer books with less "steam" and more content, and this book was more "steam" than content! I think had I known ahead of time, I would not have chose to read it. What are your thoughts?

I had to give a shout out to Neil Ostrof at Always Writing, because one of his books got a review that stated it was "bound to become a classic." Great job Neil! A book that I read not too long ago got a similar remark from me - All Men of Genius.

Love the Harry Potter series? Backwards Story posted a news blurb about the series receiving a cover facelift! Pretty sweet, and made me want to re-read the entire series again... if only my TBR list wasn't so long! ;)

With V-Day being tomorrow (oh and I guess it's Valentine's Day too! ;) lol), The Traveling PhoBlogWriPher shares a $20 date idea and encourages you to think about other creative dates that cost $20 or less.

Finally, here's one I'm super excited about - Amanda Hocking is doing a GIVEAWAY!! Yes, that's THE Amanda Hocking... wowza! Nothing makes me nerd-out more than books, especially books by someone as incredibly inspiring to all self-published authors as Amanda Hocking!!!

Happy hopping everyone!

3 comments:

  1. :-) Yeppers! I'm with you. There can be too much steam sometimes. Content is a MUST!!!!! I'm leaning more YA, too, wherever that line is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess,

    I thought I'd already replied to your post - apparently not! Thanks so much for naming me in your article, that totally made my day (: I really like the trailer you made for Eyes to See, it looks very fancy. Thanks again, and I hope you're well :D

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete