Saturday, October 22, 2011

Shameless Shit #8 - Sweat.

I'm headed to Florida in early December for a visit with family - my first time ever going to Florida! So, when I booked the trip back in June (and in preparation for my ten year high school reunion, which was a waste of time) I signed up for WeightWatchers.

And it didn't work. Despite following their guidelines religiously, I couldn't pass the 10lb mark (and at that time, I needed to lose 40lbs). That includes working out at least three times per week!

Recently, a friend of mine has had a lot of success with The Metabolism Miracle, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm at the end of Week 2, and still have the occasionally strong, want-to-gnaw-my-arm-off craving for my favorite gluten-free pitas but am otherwise doing fine. I won't find out until the end of 8 weeks if I've lost weight, because I'm not weighing myself until then.

In the meantime, my hubs and I have been getting a little more creative for our workouts (no, not THAT - get your mind out of the gutter!!) and one of our favorites has been playing Fruit Ninja on XBox 360 Kinect. Yep, it sounds easy - but when you are ultra-competitive like we are, you spend hours trying to get all the achievements and beat each others' scores! ;)

Talk about sweating! I did Fruit Ninja so hard on Thursday that I could barely move my shoulders or arms on Friday! But it was a lot of fun, and helps me burn better than doing the same old boring routine.

Now if I can just master Zumba a little better....

No comments:

Post a Comment