Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Recommended Read - The Incredible Origins of the Onyx Sun by Christopher Mahoney

The Incredible Origins of the Onyx SunThe Incredible Origins of the Onyx Sun by Christopher Mahoney

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This was a highly enjoyable young adult read, that reminded me of what would happen if Lemony Snicket were to join the cast of Star Trek while the kids from The Magic School Bus tagged along. The story was a little predictable for my adult bibliophile mind, but it was good and had an interesting premise. Some of it did feel a little redundant, but since I was reading an Advanced Review Copy I'm going to assume that the final editing process would remedy that. I absolutely LOVE that the author set up a code at the back of the book that allows the young readers to change the story to their hearts content and make it their own - that is such a great, creative way to engage the readers and promote the next generation of brilliant authors! I'd recommend this as a good pre-teen book, especially for one interested in writing their own books some day.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment