Sunday, July 31, 2011

Recommended Read - Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson

Normally, I don't read romances, but this wasn't your typical romance! When Italian meets Texas, food and fun abounds! Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson is a wonderful romantic comedy that mixes spirituality, family, and food to create a recipe for a great book. I got this book for FREE on my Nook through Barnes & Noble - it was a great introduction to the series, and I'm sure I'll be buying the rest of the series when I can! ;)

The story revolves around a twenty-something Italian girl who has been given the family wedding planning business. She decides to change it into a theme wedding business, and her first wedding booked is supposed to be a Western theme, something she knows nothing about!

This is an excellent read, filled with delectable food and family situations that will make you laugh out loud. You don't have to be Italian or Texan to understand that humor, as the families could be any other family. They even reminded me of my own German family - obsessed with food, and filled with our own little pieces of history and drama!

One word of advice, though - make sure you aren't reading this book on an empty stomach! I was reading it at work, and I was STARVING by the time I got to go home and eat! ;) I gave this book 5 stars on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment