Saturday, July 23, 2011

Goodbye Borders :(

I received an official email yesterday that Borders is closing its doors forever at the end of July. It was tough news to swallow - as a lover of books, I get sad any time a bookstore is closing, let alone an entire chain of bookstores!

Borders was great for its ambiance, so much less pretentious than other competitors. If I had some extra money, I'd definitely be there this weekend taking advantage of their going out of business sale... then again, the whole reason my husband convinced me to purchase a Nook several months ago is so I would stop overcrowding our old bookcase!! I can't help it that I have a book addiction... ;)

So, farewell Borders. Know that you will be missed among most of the book-reading community!!

No comments:

Post a Comment