Sunday, February 3, 2013

Recommended Read - Jungleland by Christopher S Stewart

Jungleland: A True Story of Adventure, Obsession, and the Deadly Search for the Lost White CityJungleland: A True Story of Adventure, Obsession, and the Deadly Search for the Lost White City by Christopher S. Stewart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think this book could almost qualify as a metaphor for all of us with an adventurous spirit who are seeking our own personal White City before we resign ourselves to a settled life! Except in this case, we follow along with someone who literally pursued the White City and one last adventure. While perhaps not as full of excitement as an Indiana Jones movie (and the Indiana Jones references were repeated enough to be overdone), this book was still a fascinating look at the possibilities of discovery that still exist today, as well as an informative look at the lives of two explorers on the same mission in different eras. My favorite part was the end - and since I hate spoilers, I won't say anything more than that the ending was truly fitting to all of life's adventures!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment