Friday, September 28, 2012

Recommended Read - The Cutting Season by Attica Locke

The Cutting SeasonThe Cutting Season by Attica Locke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This story is dark and thick like a swamp at night - very haunting and creepy! The characters have depth and the emotions portrayed the true conflicting attitudes present in the south regarding its tumultuous history. The ending contained a surprise that I didn't see coming! When a book starts off with a corpse in the first chapter it can either be really good or really bad. This was really good!

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I've been in the mood for spooky, creepy books in October. This one sounds great! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is, Sara! It's been getting a lot of press coverage lately too so I'm not the only one that thinks it's very good.

    ReplyDelete