Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Book Club Flop - The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht

The Tiger's WifeThe Tiger's Wife by Téa Obreht
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This story was rather jumbled and did not maintain my attention very well. I was excited to check it out because NY Times named it one of the 10 best books in 2011, but it did not live up to that award and I really disagree with it. The story dragged on at many parts and often felt weighed down by overly prosaic language and stories without any seeming point or purpose. I felt like the three primary stories didn't always flow together very well, and that there was no climax but just a constant chatter with no real begining or end.
I definitely didn't see what the hype was about, and it wouldn't make my top ten list personally. However, I brought up this view to a local book club and my opinion was not fully shared, so I think that this is either one of those books that you are going to love or going to hate.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment