Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Freebie Flop - The Telling of my Marching Band Story by Will Todd

The Telling of My Marching Band StoryThe Telling of My Marching Band Story by Will Todd
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

There was a yucky grammatical start in the prologue - in fact, the prologues almost turned me off of the entire book before it began! I don't mind a more conversational style of writing, but this was too messy and disjointed for me. I wish I could say that it got better, but for me it didn't.
In the chapters, the sentences were either too long with too many commas, or short sentence fragments.
I think that the poor writing was an attempt to be funny, but it was lost on me and just felt like nails on a chalkboard.
The only thing that kept me reading was the fact that I had been in marching band in high school, and the author had approached me for review and seemed incredibly likeable.
Perhaps this will be a better read for others, but for me it just wasn't very good.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment