Thursday, October 6, 2011

Recommended Read - The Sleepwalkers by Paul Grossman

The SleepwalkersThe Sleepwalkers by Paul Grossman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Set back at the beginning of the rise of the Nazi's in Germany, this incredible story follows a Jewish man who previously was known more for his incredible detective work than his Jewishness suddenly thrust into a dangerous world. Many of the details were based off of historical facts, which gives the story a very realistic feel. This book makes the reader feel like he or she is witnessing the rise of Nazi power and the start of the atrocities that would later shock the world. It is a great mystery and overall interesting read!

My only complaint about this book was aesthetic - the cover had a really unique texture that kind of grossed me out - it felt like holding on to fine-grain sandpaper! For a tactile person like me, that means I found myself wrapping the cover in paper so I wouldn't have to touch that "yucky" cover.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment