Sunday, January 5, 2014

Recommended Read - The Thinking Woman's Guide To Real Magic by Emily Croy Barker

The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real MagicThe Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic by Emily Croy Barker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Imagine stepping into a new world of archaic standards but endless magical possibilities. Ms. Barker does just that in this aptly titled book! A hefty tome, this story contains characters that are very interesting, though I will admit that the overall story started weirdly - until I realized that it was a stylistic choice to help portray the confusion of the main character as she deals with the chaos in her life. I would have liked to see a little more character development with the Faitoren, as most of them were treated rather one-dimensionally. However, overall this was a well-written and interesting book that I thoroughly enjoyed!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment