Saturday, January 18, 2014

Recommended Read - Do You Believe in Magic? by Paul A Offit

Do You Believe in Magic?: The Sense and Nonsense of Alternative MedicineDo You Believe in Magic?: The Sense and Nonsense of Alternative Medicine by Paul A. Offit
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think a lot of people these days turn to alternative medicine after they've tried traditional medicine and it doesn't work. But this book is eye-opening to several difficult realities of alternative medicine, including the lack of regulation! I will say it was a little one-sided; I would have liked to see the author include at least a few examples of alternative medicine that does work because I'm sure there is some. But overall this was a well written and thought-provoking read that encouraged me to swear off my vitamins!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment