Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Recommended Read - Abandon by Meg Cabot

Abandon (Abandon Trilogy, #1)Abandon by Meg Cabot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I know Meg Cabot is a respected and well-loved author in the YA genre, so when I stumbled upon this book on sale at a local bookseller I just had to pick it up. I wasn't disappointed!
The story is a re-imagining of the Greek myth of Persephone and Hades, set in a more modern time and with the perspective of Persephone (played by Pierce).
Sure, parts of it were uber-cliche, the sort of typical thing you find in YA fantasy/romance genre. Sure, there were times I wished the characters had more depth. But overall this was interesting enough not to put down, and I look forward to continuing to read this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment