Friday, September 9, 2011

TOP TEN Recommended Read - Juliet by Anne Fortier

JulietJuliet by Anne Fortier

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This book will sweep you away on an incredible journey that has all the suspense of The DaVinci Code and all the romance of Shakespeare! Anne Fortier has a beautiful, easy to follow writing style and uses brilliant imagery to transport the reader to Siena, Italy.
The story follows Julie as she receives a mysterious note after her aunt's death, leading her on a mystery through time as she discovers she is descended from Guilietta Tolomei, the original inspiration for Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. As she searches more, she finds out what really happened, and discovers it is up to her to help break the notorious curse on her famous family.
This is not your grandmother's Shakespeare - Ms. Fortier takes Shakespeare into modern times with this well-written book, yet still preserves a rich and interesting history of the original story. There are lots of good twists and turns, and several well-placed surprises, only one of which I figured out in advance (which is unusual for me, because usually I figure things out before they happen!!).
Without a doubt, this is one of the top ten books I have read this year, and I would recommend it to anyone who loves a good mystery, romance, or overall good book!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment