Friday, September 25, 2015

Flop - You Don't Have to Live LIke This by Benjamin Markovits

You Don't Have to Live Like This: A NovelYou Don't Have to Live Like This: A Novel by Benjamin Markovits
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This novel examines a fictional life in Detroit following the economy crash in 2008, and a man who believes he can rebuild the city with a unique housing project. While the idea sounded great, trying to actually read the book didn't go so well. The characters were... well... they came off as whiny and entitled (and before you ask, I actually fall into the age range of a "Millenial" and don't believe that we are all whiny and entitled), the situations hopped around, and it just didn't draw me in. I kept hoping it would get better, but by halfway through I gave up. It just wasn't the right book for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment