Thursday, December 6, 2012

Flop - Not What She Seems by Victoria Lieske

Not What She SeemsNot What She Seems by Victorine E. Lieske
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

When I discovered that this book was written by a fellow Nebraskan, I knew I had to buy it and read it. I'm not usually into romance, but since this was touted as a suspense I figured it would be worth a read.

Unfortunately, this book did not live up to the hype. The characters felt a little too much like caricatures (with over-exaggerated features but little depth) and it was very predictable.

I liked that Nebraska was featured, but disliked the portrayal that we are all plain and simple country bumpkins. I liked the pace, but the overall plot was predictable. The suspense was reasonably good, but the romance killed it.

Overall, this book was only ok for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment