Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sorta Recommended Read - Sense and Sensibility by Joanna Trollope

Sense and SensibilitySense and Sensibility by Joanna Trollope
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'll freely admit that while I voraciously wolf down books, I have never read the original book of this title. But when I heard it was rewritten and "modernized", I thought this was finally my chance to give it a go, since I generally don't care for a lot of the traditional "classics."

Sadly, this still wasn't a very good book in my opinion. Taking an old story and putting modern electronics and a few modern phrases in it doesn't make it a "modernized" tale. The situation was still too archaic and the "modern" characters just weren't believable in the "old fashioned" situation.

This book was only ok, and didn't strike in me a desire to read the classic.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment