Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sorta Recommended Read - Primal Cravings: Your Favorite Foods Made Paleo by Megan McCullough Keatley

Primal Cravings: Your Favorite Foods, Made PaleoPrimal Cravings: Your Favorite Foods, Made Paleo by Megan Mccullough Keatley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It's great to find a "diet" cookbook that actually has tasty recipes! That being said, I doubt this book would help anyone lose weight - I shuddered at some of the very high calorie and fat counts in the recipes, which are conveniently hidden in the back of the book in an index. I would have liked to see more in-depth writing on why a Paleo/Primal diet is a good choice and why it is healthier and/or why it helps you lose weight.

A little warning as well - while generally Paleo would be gluten free, some of the recipes in this book suggest using things like processed lunch meats which are not always gluten free. So be smart and read labels if you are gluten free due to an allergy/sensitivity like me.

But if you aren't as concerned with your weight or as strict about being Paleo, these recipes are actually pretty darn good! I love the sloppy joe meatballs the best.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment