Sunday, January 5, 2014

Flop - The Art of Thinking Clearly by Rolf Dobelli

The Art of Thinking ClearlyThe Art of Thinking Clearly by Rolf Dobelli
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I think a more apt title for this book would be "The Art of Thinking Negatively." It felt like a very dismal view of humanity, compounded by an immense pessimism. It brought up several outdated studies of different biases, but I didn't really see anything new or intriguing. Instead of providing help to think clearly, it just made me want to second guess every decision I've made, and really made thinking more confusing as a whole. If you like a bunch of short chapters about how everything you think is wrong, then you might like this book. Otherwise, you will probably be like me and decide this isn't a book for you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment