Friday, November 22, 2013

Recommended Read - Does Jesus Really Love Me? By Jeff Chu

Does Jesus Really Love Me?: A Gay Christian's Pilgrimage in Search of God in AmericaDoes Jesus Really Love Me?: A Gay Christian's Pilgrimage in Search of God in America by Jeff Chu
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A well-thought-out and reasonable explanation of homosexuality and its interaction with religion. The author looks across several denominations to get their perspectives and was even brave enough to risk visiting the Westboro Baptist Church! I think this is a good read for people on both sides of the homosexuality and religion debate as it portrays multiple views with very little judging or bias. I personally sought out to review this book because of my personal beliefs about homosexuality not aligning with my more conservative upbringing, so I really appreciated the author's effort and the reminder that there are many of my generation who have gone through similar dissatisfaction with the church. My biggest complaint is that the title will probably only attract fellow liberals while repelling conservatives who might benefit most from the insider's view that this book provides.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment