Saturday, October 5, 2013

Recommended Read - City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I first started this story, I figured this would be one of those books where I'd end up having to give it 3 or 4 stars for being a little too cliche and predictable - but there is a surprise at the end that even I didn't see coming, so it earned it's 5 stars!
Follow teen Clary as she discovers that not everything is at it seems, and her unwitting friend Simon who gets pulled into the mix as well. Set in current day but with a hint of the fantastical, this story is evenly paced and has a fun cast of characters, though some of them are a bit flat and uninteresting.
The beginning may be a bit tired and cliche, but I guarantee you that if you stick it out you may find that you fall in love with this book! I look forward to moving on to the next book in the series as soon as I can.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment